Monday, June 25, 2007

Naruto Whirlpool + Kobe Trip






After the training, I went to see the Naruto whirlpool. I thought the whirlpool would be one giant whirlpool, but instead it was a bunch of small whirlpools that were formed from time to time. It was kinda disappointing. After the whirlpool, I took the bus to Kobe. After I arrived at Kobe, I ate ramen for dinner. Then, I was heading to the hostel. The hostel was really good AND CHEAP!! I met this guy from guma ken. It was nice talking to him.

The next day was my vacation in Kobe. I thought Kobe would a fairly big city, but it wasn't at all. You pretty much can see everything in one day. I liked the fact that you can pretty much walk to anywhere in the city. First, I took the train from the hostel to Sannomiya, which is kinda like the downtown area with all the department stores. After I arrived in Sannomiya, I went to the big shopping street something "center street" After that, I went to motomachi street, which is like a continuation of that center street starting from sannomiya. The motomachi area has lots of izakayas because of the horse racing place. Then, I went south to Harbour land to the mosaic park and saw the kobe tower, marine museum. Then, I went back up to Motomachi area to see the Chinatown, which is in Nankinmachi. After China town, I went around kyukkichi? This is where the first settlers stayed. It had some really old western style buildings and is loaded with high end shops. I walked around the area and ended back to Sannomiya area. Then, I headed north to the Kitano area. That area has lots of old foreign style houses because this is where the foreigners settled. After that, I went back to the harbor land area to see the spectacular nightview of kobe. I think the Kobe night view was one of the best 3 night views in Japan. After that, I went to see the shopping street under the bridge between motomachi and sannomiya. I also saw the ikuta area, I believe, which is loaded with Izakayas. I bet that area has at least 1000 different clubs, restaurants, fast food places, izakayas. After a full day of walking around Kobe, I was exhausted and was ready to head back to the hostel.

At the hostel, I talked to this cool guy, ryan, from Australia. I wish i had talked to him the night before, then we could have gone out partying. >"<>"<>"< I think I will build my own PC if my ibook dies sigh~~ I can't believe i will switch back to PC. After, I went back to find the girls. We shopped around for the last 30 mins before the department store closes. Hiromi found a pair of Prada sunglasses that fit her REALLY REALLY well, and she pretty much just bought it on the spot and dropped 30,000 yen. I was surprised that she didn't really have to think that long before deciding buying them.

For dinner, we went to the Irish bar. The salad there was REALLY good, but the scrap steak and the fish n chips were really so so. I finally got home at about 12 and was absolutely exhausted by that time. And that concluded my naruto/kobe trip!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures?

Can't live without post-its said...

well if you buy me a flickr account......

i think eventually I will add some pictures, u just have to be patient