Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kaitei Sushi for Dinner

So today after class, my student's grandmother asked if I had time to have dinner with them.  Of course, I said yes!!  Food is always NICE!!  So they took me to a Kaitei sushi restaurant to eat sushi. YUM YUM~~  So First I had hotate (Scallop)  It's really fresh and tasted very very good!!I also had this "Ebi Mayo" slightly torched shrimp with mayonnaise.  Man, it was delicious.  I couldn't find anything wrong with it.  The shrimp was not dry like regular shrimp sushis.  I think the mayo added some moisture to the sushi.
I think this is some oil from some fish.  Or it could be the fish skin?  Anyway, it tasted very oily, but it's all good.  I love those creamy, oily texture in my mouth.  This sushi was very GOOD!
This is ume with jellyfish and shiso.  The texture is really interesting.  The combination of the three ingredients have taught my taste-buds a completely new taste.  It was a little bit too salty, but that could be because I dipped it in soy sauce before I ate it. 
This is a small squid sushi.  Very nice.  But kind of usual.
Ahh... How can you eat sushi without Otoro.  One of my fav!!  I actually ate uni too, but after I got the uni, I just devoured it right there.  There was no time for pictures.  I realized before it was all too late T.T
This is marinated nasu (eggplant), which is one of Japanese people's favorite.  It was rather good, but kind of plain.  Not very exciting sushi.
The girls are really funny and ate like eggs and corn. sigh~ kids.  But I also had um miso clam soup.  Gosh, I love seafood.  i wish I was a little hungrier at the time we ate.  I knew I shouldn't have eaten that much before my lesson >"<

No comments: