Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday Aug 6th - Yaotsu

So I wen to the Yaotsu fireworks festival on Sunday.  Yaotsu is the "town" 町(jo) that Naru lives.  The fireworks festival is pretty small tho.  It has only 500 fireworks >"<  But it was still very good.  When we first got there, we saw a bunch of people dancing.  I think it was a competition.  Then we went to the yatai屋台 to get foods.  The corn dogs are called "American dog" in Japan.  Cotton candy is called  ワタカシ(wool snack) They even sell helium.  It's pretty interesting.  The fireworks is actually not as small as I had thought.  Although in the middle of the fireworks festival, I was a little bit bored because they kept on repeating the same pattern.  However, some of the display was fabulous.  The finale was absolutely gorgeous.  Man, I love fireworks!!!!

No comments: