Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monday 8.13.07

So Guess waht I did on Monday?! Well, yes, hopefully you've guessed it. I went to yet another fireworks festival in 関, the city that I teach in. I went with マナミ、江原さん、ゆみこ、and my student's family. The Seki fireworks wasn't a really big fireworks festival, but it was still very nice. It was by the river, so the view was gorgeous. You get to be really close to the fireworks, and experience it. So far my rating for fireworks in Japan is : 岐阜長良川 > 関 > 八百津 > 川辺
# note: not that 川辺(kawabe) is bad or anything, but it's just that the fence was blocking the view, and also there were too many things going on at once.

So 2 more left to go 諏訪湖 and 美濃加茂


After 関花火, we (me ehara, yumiko) went to 郡上八幡 to see the famous お踊り, where people dance pretty much all night (8pm to 4am?). When we got to 郡上八幡, it was so cool there =) I guess it is because it is kinda to the north and maybe high up in the mountain? Anyway, and the good thing about gujo is that almost everyone there wears 浴衣. I was disappointed when I went to the fireworks, not a lot of people wear 浴衣. Well some girls wear it, and boy arent they cute. hehe =p

So the お踊り was very interesting. However, since I have ADD, or at least I think I do, I got bored after about 5 minutes. I can't believe that people actually dance for that long even though they change the songs throughout the night. Also, it is a little hot since it's a little crowded =( However, if you haven't been there, it would be a great experience!!

No comments: